Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Model It! | Week 3

Week 3 Class Exercise - Interior Detailing of the Fisher House by Louis Kahn






Interior detailing is one of my favourites to work with. While studying the interior perspectives of the Fisher House, I saw the direction in which the floorboards were being laid and wished to emphasized that with this model exercise. I decided to cut lengths of balsa wood in 2 different widths and just randomly pieced together the flooring trying to resemble the one in the picture. While it was extremely time consuming (everyone in class basically nearly completed the whole model when class ended while I only had the floorboards done with one wall standing) the end results were rewarding. I thought this was an excellent exercise such that I kind of learnt how things had and could be constructed, whether or not a design concept is feasible when it is to be constructed in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment